There are over 75-million WordPress websites on the internet – WordPress powers 27% of the web. Working on the premise that all those millions of webmasters must be on to something, here at Dentons Creative we base most of our web development on WordPress.
The clients love it, and our web designers and developers love it!
There was a time way back after WordPress first launched in 2003 that a professional developer wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole! It was regarded as simply a blogging platform for individuals to use, with little functionality or customisation possible.
Over the years since, however, thousands of code writers and developers have explored the world of WordPress and contributed to it evolving into an impressive platform with seemingly endless possibilities, and amazing ease of use as a content management system. This makes WordPress perfect for business website development.
Click here to see the WordPress “brag book” showcasing some of the top websites in the world.
Here are the main reasons why we and our clients think developing using WordPress is super smart:
- Using WordPress makes our web design and development work very quick and cost effective. We don’t have to start coding from scratch to build a unique, attractive site with the specific functionality the client demands. Our in depth knowledge and experience of using WordPress means minimum development time for maximum results. All those plug-ins, add-ons, features and dynamic widgets can be built in at bargain rates.
- WordPress today has a choice of thousands of themes (and if none suit, a web developer can easily adapt or create their own). Its versatility allows for the creation of everything from a simple brochure site to a huge e-commerce hub. Whatever the client desires – from embedded video, Twitter stream, and event calendar to PayPal button and contact form – is all part of the WordPress site flexibility.
- Having quizzed our clients here at Dentons about what they most wanted from the functionality of their business websites it was the ability to edit the content themselves that came out on top every time! This, of course, is one of the great joys for the WordPress website owner. It’s so easy – if you can use Microsoft Word you can add and edit content on your WordPress website. As a Content Management System it is hard to beat.
When we build sites for clients we always give them a quick course in adding, editing or removing content as part of the service.
- Second on the “must-haves” list from clients is always high Google ranking. This is another area in which a business website can score from being built on the SEO-friendly WordPress platform. Google loves WordPress because WordPress sites have logical architecture and are text based. So a WordPress site is winning the ranking race from the starting block, before one even factors in the handy WordPress features that allow for easy tending to SEO and website analytics.
- Nowadays it’s essential for a business website to be mobile friendly – most visitors will be looking at it on their smartphones and tablets. The majority of the themes on WordPress are automatically mobile responsive, so once again it cuts down on the developers time and effort.
No wonder WordPress is the favourite of web developers and their clients the world over!